You have likely experienced some form of Office Politics. Working with different personalities, opinions, backgrounds, and values is a challenge in any environment. It is an inevitable fact that when people are working together personalities can and will clash. No one is an island, so working together as a team is incredibly important for the organization and every employee.
Office Politics it is about creating and maintaining better relationships. It is about communicating and working with your peers and colleagues in a way that is mutually beneficial. Employees who understand the positive aspects of Office Politics are better team members and end up being more successful and productive.
- Understand the purpose and benefits of office politics.
- Setting boundaries and ground rules for new employees.
- Learn to interact and influence among colleagues.
- Learn how to manage various personality types in the office.
- Determine how to gain support and effectively network.
- Recognize how you are a part of a group and how you function.
- Module One: Getting Started
- Module Two: New Hires
- Module Three: It’s About Interacting and Influencing
- Module Four: Dealing with Rumors, Gossip, and Half - Truths
- Module Five: Office Personalities (I)
- Module Six: Office Personalities (II)
- Module Seven: Getting Support for Your Projects
- Module Eight: Conflict Resolution
- Module Nine: Ethics
- Module Ten: You Are Not an Island
- Module Eleven: Social Events Outside of Work
- Module Twelve: Wrapping Up